Fire Resistive (Circuit Integrity Cable)
VITALink® Leads Industry with Dual Listed CI/CIC Cable!
After years of continuous innovation, Comtran has achieved new industry standards with the most listings and best ratings for its VITALink® Circuit Integrity cable. With the latest round of UL approvals and new products available, VITALink® now offers the industry’s most complete line of CI/CIC cable. All VITALink® cables are dual listed as CI/CIC and have passed rigorous UL fire resistive testing “at the wall” – maintaining a constant signal connection for two hours at 1850°F. VITALink® is available in the US and Canada.
Features & Benefits:
- Classified as both CI/CIC – the same cable can be used with or without conduit, the most versatile circuit integrity cable on the market
- CI Free Air is a conduit-free solution for riser and horizontal installations, with no conduit fill restrictions
- All products are wet rated and sunlight resistant
- No special tools, termination kits, or training required
VITALink®’s proprietary construction offers significant advantages for installers:
- Best conduit fill in the industry – VITALink® cable can be installed with up to 7-10 cables in EMT conduit with compression couplings, versus limitations in other products.
- Longest maximum vertical distance – 30-45 foot vertical installation distance between supports.
Launched in 2014 under the revised UL 2196, our VITALink® CIC cable was designed to last 2 hours in a burning infrastructure while being fully operational in order for building occupants to evacuate safely.
This cable is designed to support critical systems such as emergency voice-alarm communication smoke/fire alarm systems (EVAC), firefighters’ telephone and area of refuge communication systems, and visible notification appliances.
Please click here to view our VITALink® 2 Hour Fire Resistive Brochure.