VITALink® Armored Fire Resistive Cables
When it comes to keeping your communication infrastructure safe, doesn’t it make sense to go with the best? Comtran is the first to achieve approval for VITALink® armored circuit integrity cables that have passed rigorous UL fire resistive testing – maintaining a constant signal connection for two hours at 1850°F. Similar to Comtran’s other VITALink® fire resistant cables, the VITALink® armored cables last 2 hours in a burning infrastructure and remain operational to ensure building occupants can evacuate safely.
- ANSI/UL 2196 2 Hour fire rating for use in FHIT System 40B (See UL Fire Directory R27557)
- ULC-S1392196 Certified with Hose Stream for use in FHIT7 System 40B
- UL Type FPLR-ST1 and CL3R-ST1
- CSA Listed FAS 105 ST1 FT4
- UL 1424 Power-Limited Fire Alarm Circuits; 300V/105°C
- UL 13 Power-Limited Circuit Cables; 300V/105°C
- NFPA 70, 72, 130, and 502
- California State Fire Marshal Approved
- RoHS Compliant
VITALink® armored cables are suitable for applications that must retain circuit integrity in the event of a fire, e.g. emergency communications, alarm systems, lighting, etc. They are ideal for low voltage critical circuits in enclosed spaces that are exposed to hazardous materials or harsh conditions, requiring increased physical protection. Such locations include:
- Transit Tunnels & Platforms
- Underground & Below Grade Structures, e.g. Parking Garages
- Petrochemical, Nuclear, & Waste Treatment Facilities
- Commercial Retrofits with Non-UL 2196 Approved Conduit
VITALink® Armored cables must be installed with specific components in accordance with a set of detailed guidelines for UL 2196 and ULC-S139 Electrical Circuit Integrity Systems No. FHIT.40B and FHIT7.40B, with Hose Stream Test.
Want to know if VITALink® Armored fire resistant cables are right for your application? Fill out the form on the right to download the latest brochure on VITALink® Armored Circuit Integrity Cables.
Comtran is more than just the individual products we sell. We are a combination of years of engineering expertise coupled with innovative products designed to meet customers’ specific application requirements. Founded in 1985, Comtran has built a solid reputation for being a customer-oriented and reliable business partner. Our highly regarded sales team is considered to be one of the most responsive, knowledgeable, and trustworthy in the industry, while our engineers are recognized for their technical expertise and inventive product development. Collectively, we believe that by providing innovative and engineered solutions to our customers, we not only build value in our business relationships, but in the resulting designed systems.